Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Update For J&M Flies

Man it is hard to believe my last post was in April.  I feel bad for that and I am sorry.  As of late, I have found it hard to blog.  I always wanted my blog to be about my fishing and tying experiences.  I never wanted this to be a blog that is just regurgitated articles and other people's posts.  If that works for someone else, great...but it isn't my style.  I haven't fished in over a year.  It is killing me!  Now that summer is upon us, I find myself even more bummed as I can't chase those smallmouth and panfish I so dearly love.  The reason for my lack of fishing....my injury.  It is hard to believe that it has almost been a year since I injured my hand.  Guess what....I'm still not even close to back to 100%.  At this point, I'd be happy to get to 75%!  I have seen eight different doctors, had five nerve blocks, three MRIs and have been on like six different types of medicine.  There is no end in sight.  In fact, this is a lifelong condition and may be a career ending injury for me.

Melissa and I never thought that my "day job" so to speak would ever interfere with my making flies.  How wrong we were!  I do not want to get into the particulars of how I was hurt or what has transpired since then but we have certainly had our ups and downs.  Melissa is working full time and doing flies every night when she comes home.  She is doing the best that she can, as fast as she can, but we refuse to sacrifice quality for quantity.  That is why the orders are taking so very long to get out.  Those that have received our flies before know how well made they are.  Yes, they take a long time to make (even longer now!) but they are worth it.  I recently received an email from a customer up in Michigan who landed 40 bluegill and half a dozen bass, including one three pounder, on a size 10 Fish Foolin' Frog...and the popper still looks like it was just made.

Please rest assured we are working as fast as we can to fill the orders.  Well, really Melissa is.  I've been demoted and am now basically her lowly assistant.  I answer email and babysit our seven year old.  We wanted to say thank you to everyone who has followed us, supported us, our fans, friends and customers.  We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding.  We really enjoy these flies, our labor of love...I only wish Melissa was faster at it!  HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment