Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Harman's Day 4 Round 2 2011-Morning Session

My last day at Harman's.  Usually, as this was our third trip, I fish in the morning while the wife packs up.  We have to be out of the cabin by 1100 so I tend to fish until 0930 or 1000.  This leaves me enough time to pack the car and hit the head before leaving.

I woke up and as I always do, I peeked outside.  It was raining.  I wasn't surprised to see the rain as it had started the night before.  I checked the stream from the porch and it looked fish able.  This, however, did surprise me based upon the rain we got the night before.  I looked around for a bit and noticed some other people fishing.  I could see that the water was still clear.  It looked fine to fish.  I, however, did not fish it.  I decided that since I didn't bring a raincoat and I had done well, I would sit this one out.  There is something about angering the fish gods and pushing your luck.  Up until this point, I had caught 25 fish.  The break down went like this: 8 creek chubs/fall fish, 1 smallie, 3 browns, and 13 rainbows.  Some of those rainbows were the biggest I have ever caught.  Period.  So I guess what I am saying is that I couldn't complain.  I had a great time and I caught more fish, bigger fish at that, than I expected.  The weather was fine for November, maybe even great.  The rain held off until the last night!  So, I decided to sit and read some fly fishing and tying magazines, drink coffee, and smoke a cigar.  I needed to catch up on my reading and I wanted to savor the moment of what was some wonderful fishing.  I know it sounds lame but I know some of you will understand and can relate.

So there you have it.  The second round of fishing at Harman's was complete.  Another 25 fish added to the log book.  I had a great time.  Some of those fish took me for a ride on my 3wt.  It was awesome.  I can't wait to come back again.  I am hoping to make the trip again in May of 2012 but we will have to wait and see.  If I do, I will need a bigger rod for sure!

Here are some views of Harman's with some being from the porch of cabin 12:







No comments:

Post a Comment