Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Orvis

The family and I stopped by the Orvis store yesterday.  I had to get some new leaders and tippet.  We decided to check to see how the poppers and Monocacy Bumble Bee were selling.  As I walked in, the owner told me he needed more and I figured that was a good thing.  It was.  Checking the bins with the flies, I saw that all of the small Fish Foolin' Frogs were gone as well as most of the big ones.  The Luscious Lemon had sold roughly half of what we brought in.  The Purple Night Stalker was also selling.  Interesting enough, the small Safety Cone Slayer sold some, not a lot, and the big (size 8) wasn't selling at all.  I wonder why.  I have great luck and success when I fish this pattern.  I am hoping some people give it a try to see how good it really is.  Anyways, he asked for more poppers and I will deliver.  I think we are going with 2 dozen of the Fish Foolin' Frog in both sizes 8 and 10, and a dozen in each size of the Retro Lime-A and a few others.  I will keep you all informed as we go.  I have some new stuff to showcase but it will have to wait until tomorrow or later in the week.  Also, I still have the big announcement to make.  Stay tuned for it.  I am only waiting to hear from someone and then I will let you all know what has been going on!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! It must be awesome to have your own flies sell so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It is a good feeling. Even better to see photos or to hear what people are catching on them. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete