Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Sunday, March 6, 2011

First set of Flies sold

These are the flies I made at the request of a neighbor's wife.  These flies were for his 40th birthday.  Since we have fished a lot before, I knew what he needed and what he would like.  All of these flies are designed to be big producers on the Monocacy River here in Maryland where we fish.  I thought they looked pretty good.  He was really happy with them.  He also urged me to start selling my poppers.  Now he and the wife are trying to get me to sell them.  I am just afriad that my hobby, which is fun now, may turn out to be a part time job and I will grow to resent it.  Still trying to decide what to do.  I was thinking though if I sell them, to make some and put them in boxes like these.  Let me know what you all think.

3 comments:

  1. You should totally start selling them! Build up an inventory of your common flies and then when someone orders one just go to the box, pick it out and send it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your poppers. I'm getting ready to paint some also. I have some acrylics but don't know what clear to use. Any suggestions? They all look great. I have given some thought to selling some of mine as well, it seems ebay is over stuffed with them, but like you I don't want it to turn into a job, right now it's what relax's me from my job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I told the wife that if we do sell them I would have to tie a lot of them up first to have some inventory on hand.

    Wes, I use Delta Ceramcoat products. I use their pre sealer as well as their gloss varnish for my finish coat. I also use their products for the paint. Try looking for them at Michaels and such. I out four coats of each on. Make sure you seal it first, paint it and then seal it again. Let me know if you have any other questions or problems.

    ReplyDelete