Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Monday, November 29, 2010

Brookie Fishing this past Monday

Big hole where the big guy lives.  Next year dude!




I got so wrapped up with being off for a week from work and the holiday that I forgot to post about my fishing trip this past Monday.  I decided to hit the brookie stream again.  I figured why not right?  I was hoping to find my groove and get back those skills I lost years ago when I stopped fishing this stream.  My first outing was horrible and only two brookies were landed.  The second time out, the very next day after the first one, was better.  I managed to land six brookies.  Monday I did even better.  I landed 8 and lost just as many.  I had a great time though.  I did manage to hook a huge brookie.  This was the guy I lost on Saturday after hooking him twice then.  Knowing where he would be, I went there first.  On my third cast, he nailed it and the fight was on.  I was so excited as I fought him because this was certainly going to be the biggest brookie I had ever landed.  It had to have been at least 10 1/2-11 inches.  Now gentle reader you will notice that I am using the past tense when I describe this fish and the fight he put up.  After about twenty or so seconds, he went down under a rock and I lost him.  The good thing is that I know now where he is and I will be back for him again at some point down the road.  It was a great day overall and I am looking forward to another brookie outing.  BTW I have more photos but for some reason the blog will not let me upload them the way they are supposed to be.  The blog keeps changing the photos and I cant seem to get them to change back.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment