Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Morgan's Run





This is a small trout stream in Maryland that I fish.  There is a hold over population of brown trout and it is stocked with rainbows throughout the year.  No bait is allowed and there are strict guidelines on artifical lures.  I enjoy fishing it but it can be tough.  These fish see a lot of flies thrown their way.  For me at least a good day maybe two or three fish. 

Spent some time in September here.  I managed to land two browns, one smallie and a bunch of sunfish.  What was nice about this trip was what happened.  I spoke briefly with a spin fisherman who was working some water I had by-passed.  We exchanged small talk about the stream and then went our different ways.  I started fishing a small pool and I heard him yelling to me.  I turned and listened as he yelled that there was a brown holding under the big rock.  I cast out and the fly landed just in front of the big rock.  I watched a smallie come over and start to take an interest in it.  I figured that this was the fish the spin fisherman was referring to.  Before the smallie could get it, a big brown came out from under the rock and inhaled the fly.  After landing the fish, I yelled a great big thank you to the spin fisherman who relied with a you are welcome.  As I walked back to the car, I thought about how wonderful it was for him to share that information with me.  Maybe the gap between fly fishermen and spin fishermen isn't that far off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment